Monday, December 6, 2010

A small indulgence


This is hardly original, but I love the holiday season. This year, it seems a little extra special, because we're in a house (okay, cabin) that's ours. In the last 6 years, I've moved no less than 10 times, and all that schlepping hasn't been conducive to holiday decorations. All that stops now.

I'm starting small, though. I have an advent calendar that I have schlepped around for the past few years, I have a wreath, and this week I bought two strands of lights. I put them up Friday, and it makes the cabin seem magical. This time of year, if it's not completely dark, it's dusk or dawn. The lights twinkle, or glow under a couple inches of snow and it looks so. freaking. cool.

I'm still not sure about a Christmas tree. I have 5 ornaments- is that enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.