Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Art: Part Two

Behind our vintage Jotul wood stove (more on that another time) I put up a couple of our more old-timey pieces. I really like the juxtaposition of the wooden frames below the gorgeous bookshelf Tory built a few years ago.



Each piece has a story. The original pastel to the left is actually a family heirloom- and is of a home close to my great grandmother's cabin in North Carolina. The middle print was given to me by my piano teacher when I was growing up. Her grandfather, American impressionist Frank Benson, painted the original oil on canvas, and it was of her family. Finally, the lonely watercolor on the right hung in a room I rented once. The landlord had a garage sale the weekend I moved out, and I bought it for $10. I looked at that painting every night as I was falling asleep. It reminds me of Sandy Beach in Juneau.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.